Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thoughts of a mother.

Its been 7 months since my lil darling was born, and each day has taught me new things - about her, about myself, about my spouse, about motherhood and mostly about life! There is absolutely nothing more precious than one's kids.

Though I love kids a lot, I find them real cute - why is it that I find my daughter more beautiful than any other kid I see...that's they inherent fault of motherhood, I guess. Some may not dare admit it, but I think all mothers have this feeling for their children.

My lil sugar bum has started sitting recently...and looks like she loves it...she just wants to keep doing just that. It may be a wonderful new experience for her, but for me, its time to pull out every pillow I have and build a fortress for her. There are so many hidden fears that are hard to put to rest. Everytime I see my lil one wobbling as she tries to sit properly, I want to rush and help her - but I stop myself, she has to learn things herself. All I can do is provide a safe and happy environment for her.

I admit, am not a patient person. I want things done "right now!". But as my daughter is teaching me now, a baby cannot do things on demand...she has her own mind and will. It is I who needs to go according to her.
After all, its me who needs to grow up first :)

3 Comments:

At 1:44 pm , Blogger SamY said...

Ha ha! Kids just blow me away. They make me forget everything else!

A part of the so called "fault" is what connects people. Besides she is a big part of you. Although it can be scientifically explained to some extent it reaches way beyond. A person finding the spouse to be the most beautiful, kid finding their parents the best there could be in the world, name it. Nevertheless a new born IS special.

Kids will teach us tons until the day we succeed (to a large extent) to impose ourselves on them :).

Do post a pic of that angel when you can :).

 
At 9:48 pm , Blogger Aarthi Bharath said...

Patience is a virtue... Which a kid is sure to teach you... Whether you had it in you earlier or not, you develop it as you see your kid grow and as you grow along with her as a parent. Enjoy the fruits of parenthood!!!!

 
At 2:43 am , Blogger Sandeep Menon said...

Kids do teach us a lot which we unfortunately forget or lose while growing up....It must be fun for you to watch your little one grow up...
That was a lovely post....I still remember my elder sister telling me that her love for her mother increased manifolds since the moment she gave birth to her little one....such is the power of relationships...You've got a very simple way of explaining this lovely feeling...looking forward to more posts...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home