Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'll get it for u!

After reading Scribblez's post "I'll try it for u!", I got all nostalgic. It made me think of my post graduation days, the time at which I had maximum fun. There are lots of lovely moments to remember but one particular instance that will always stay in my mind.

During the first year, we had gone to Ooty for a trip. Almost all of my classmates had turned up for the trip and so had my seniors, so it was a really big crowd and we were having a lot of fun. We had only three days for the trip, but still enjoyed every minute we could. The trip went on great and by the end of the 3 days, most of us were exhausted and almost all had run out of cash because of the shopping.

Just before we were to start back, we went for our last round of shopping, rather window shopping. I was hanging out with 3 of my good friends, all guys btw, and we were going from one shop window to another, just staring at the display. At a particular jewellery display, I stopped and was gazing at a pretty pendant. It had a oval green stone in between two well designed leaves.I really wanted to get it, but knew i had no money. While I was staring at it, one of my friends asked me if I liked it. I said yes. He asked me why i am not buying it. I told him rather sadly that I didnt have money enough to buy it. After this we just moved on and continued our window shopping.

Later that day, we were all on the way back and had boarded the train to get back to Chennai. After the usual commotion, we all had settled and the train started. I had meanwhile fallen sick having eaten some junk food. So i was totally down and feeling a lot of pain in my stomach. My friend, who had earlier seen me admiring the pendant, came and sat next to me. He said he had something for me and he opened his palm to show a brown paper package. Not knowing what to expect, I took the packet from him and started unfolding it. And to my utter surprise, inside the crumpled little brown paper packet was the same pendant that I had wanted so much. I didnt know what to say. I was so delighted and happy to get it.

What I didnt know then and later found out from other friends was that he had bought it by borrowing money from the others, for he himself didnt have cash. I was really touched. Now, there is an undercurrent that I didnt mention. This person was really special to me, for me he was my closest friend! I liked him very much but so far didnt have any romantic feeling towards him. So to have got a surprise like this from his was indeed double special. What I didnt know at that time was I would one day fall in love with him and eventually marry him!!

That pendant did a lot more than just make me happy, it helped me find my soulmate. But unfortuanetly, the pendant didnt stay with me long. The pendant was stolen along with some other jewellery from my house. I was so upset on losing the pendant and felt like I was going to lose my friend too. But fortunately losing the pendant only got me closer to him.

This was probably the best surprise I have ever had. And I will remember it forever. As I was writing this, I was consulting my husband on the facts for I have a big problem remembering details. He must have pretty much guessed why I was asking so many questions.

My dear husband , I love u!

20 Comments:

At 3:57 pm , Blogger srijithunni said...

How very romantic..!

A very nice story indeed. I too have been to ooty a number of times, with friends, and have a lot of memories associated with it.

A beautiful post, Madhu..!

Now, I shall frankly admit that today I realized you were a woman, previously I thought you are a boy. Sorry about that..! :)

With Best Regards,
Srijith Unni.

 
At 5:57 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

Thanks Srijith. Hmmm u r not the only one who has mistaken me for a guy!! Happens all the time :) naam hi aisa hai!

 
At 9:41 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

Wow! Ur hubby seems to be damn romantic & even managed to surprise u. Damn sweet of him. Does he still do things like that even after marriage & impress u further? ;)

 
At 10:16 pm , Blogger starry said...

What a beautiful post, made me want to cry. what a nice thing to have done.he was meant to be with you.

 
At 10:27 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you both !

 
At 11:50 pm , Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Wow, I'll get it for you, a sequel to I'll try it for you...
I didnt kow this man is now your husband...It is just so romantic.....Great people....Wishing you all the best..Did u go to Ooty after your wedding..??;) :)

 
At 9:18 am , Blogger Ekta said...

aww!
This is sooo sweet!
U never know what and how things get two people together!
But ur right..its always very pianful to lose these little objects of memory...but whats most important is that your husband is by your side!

 
At 10:45 am , Blogger Madhu said...

Has to be me : Yup till date he has never failed to surprise me :) Each birthday of mine has been a different experience after I met him. He even came down from his onsite for a single day just for me on my birthday. Just bcos I told him the best gift for me me would be him. :)

 
At 10:46 am , Blogger Madhu said...

starry - thanks starry. that's a sweet thing to say

 
At 10:47 am , Blogger Madhu said...

Bala - thanks!

Scribblez - First thanks to u, I relived those beautiful moments and wanted to thank my husband. No, we havent got to go to Ooty yet.

 
At 10:49 am , Blogger Madhu said...

ekta - I cried so much when the pendant got stolen. Sometimes u attach a lot of emotion to little things that are special. I have a lot of bit papers in which he had written simple day to day notes....and I treasure these. :)

 
At 12:29 pm , Blogger che sara sara said...

wow...its so lovely to read....
and man can i ask u..was this at MCC?

 
At 3:19 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

Madhu, thats gr8 2 note abt u & ur hubby. V.few men I know are like that! God bless with u with many more such sweet memories & pleasant surprises from ur hubby.

 
At 9:40 am , Blogger Madhu said...

has to be me - thanks for ur wishes. I hope he remains the same forever too :)

 
At 2:06 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

sooooooooo romantic! (in Keshi language - puke sappy :)

hey thanks alot for the bday wishes aww...

Keshi.

 
At 10:36 am , Blogger Anand said...

:-)
as they say, u never know when and where u will find love..u just need to keep ur eyes open!:-)

 
At 12:10 pm , Blogger SamY said...

awwwwwwwwww ... tat wa sum romantic story 8-> ... we shud make some movie out'a this ;)

 
At 3:18 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

keshi - always welcome babe!

anand - welcome to my blog. yup i know what u mean :)

 
At 3:19 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

samy - the movie wont run ..... he he *wink* no masala....:) anyways thanks.

 
At 10:24 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home