Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A few of my favourite things

The mellow sun shining through soft white curtains
The early morning dew drops on newly blossomed flowers

The glorious blue sky merging with the deep blue ocean
The white fluffy clouds floating across

The fresh smell of earth after rain
The elusive rainbow dancing in glory

The pretty bunch of red roses waiting to be taken
The neatly wrapped presents all a surprise

The blushing cheeks of a embarassed lover
The reassuring smile of a faithful partner

The soft red cheeks of a new born
The innocent smile of a toddler

The lustful licks of a beloved pet
The irresistible smell of mom's cooking

Imagine all this, does it bring a smile on your face? It does to me, even if am feeling down, these will definitely cheer me up! These are a few of my favourite things.

Please add on to this list and share what makes u smile.

15 Comments:

At 2:17 am , Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Wow....I love all these things too and think of them often...Its like you read my mind too and then realised it was like wht you have in mind and then wrote it down! But ofcourse for the last 2 lines as I am not a pet fan, never had any and I hate food!! "These are a few of my favourite things"....are good! :)

 
At 7:15 am , Blogger starry said...

I love all these things also, it makes my day and I especially like "the fresh smell of earth after rain
The elusive rainbow dancing in glory"

 
At 9:52 am , Blogger Madhu said...

Cool scribblez....soul sisters!!! *wink*

Hmm yeah i rem ur post on food and pets....! No prbs, to each her own.

 
At 9:54 am , Blogger Madhu said...

starry, yeah the little pleasures of life do make a lot of difference. Me too love the rain and everything around it - the sights, the sounds and the feel!!

 
At 10:11 am , Blogger Ekta said...

The sight of candy floss and loads od colourful balloons!:-)

 
At 12:59 pm , Blogger che sara sara said...

wow...my fav too

 
At 4:19 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

Wow thats a nice list. And here are a few more to add on...

1. Welcoming smile from kids.
2. Seeing that you have made someone happy with ur gesture / action
3. Receiving a true compliment
4. Admiring nature / scenic beauty
5. Rainbow

I loved ur list except that I'm not a pet lover!

 
At 1:01 pm , Blogger Dawn said...

Its so true except the first line :D...coz the moment you mentioned am thinking of my sweet sleep ...and I dont want my sleep to be bothered :D...but yes rest all are so true...!
What more makes me smile other than true nature is animals and human beings...! The careless laughter of a human and the cute sense of feeling in animals...they do bring smile ...amazing post I must say
Cheers

 
At 1:40 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

Ekta - yup me too love balloons.

Has to be me - hey good ones. esp the welcoming home smile and 2nd point. True happiness comes from sharing...!

 
At 1:47 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

iyer ji - football again....hmmm ok but me no smile with football.
sameera - hmmm hot
tom n jerry - yeah the laugh riot excuse....! me loves tom :)

 
At 1:49 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

dawn - thanks me too love sleep but i also like the early mornings. mellow sun, crisp breeze,looking into lush green garden, hot cup of strong coffee.........wow!

 
At 3:07 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

The gentle touch from a genuine heart...

Keshi.

 
At 4:15 pm , Blogger ± said...

a kiss in the rain.

because sometimes it takes water to kindle a fire.

 
At 2:30 am , Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

ahhh. such blisss :))))

 
At 9:30 am , Blogger Madhu said...

keshi, true a very important joy. Warm genuine feelings work like magic to the soul!

harjee,that's ultra romantic!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home