Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Daddy thank you!!

I generally dont believe in days like Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, etc, etc. But today am using this Father's Day, to say thank you to my dad - which I havent done for a long time.

My dad has always been special to me, more than anybody in my family. I share a strange love-hate bond with him, it is him that i am most scared of and him that i most look up to. He has always wanted the best for me, I never understood that initially. I always opposed his choice for me, but now I realise because of him, I am where I am. Am thankful that he did what he did for me and my family. He has always wanted the best for me and also stood by me when I needed him most.

I remember when we were building our house, me and my dad used to visit the site to check upon things and to water the foundations. My dad suffered from back problems, yet he used to bend over the well to pull water without even a pulley. These were the times when I really stepped back and observed him, learnt from him, appreciated him.

If i like reading books, it is because he encourage that habit. I love National Geographic, Discovery and other nature channels all because he encouraged us to learn more. He used to take us sisters to the beach and to playgrounds, spend lots of time talking about current happenings and history. He taught me the importance of being in touch with the world.

My dad shaped me, am proud of him and thankful to him. There is so much more to say, but in the end just two words "Thank You!"

15 Comments:

At 4:21 am , Blogger starry said...

Beautiful post, straight from your heart. I too am thankful for having a nice father. someone that I did not appreciate when he was here but realized too late .

 
At 12:07 pm , Blogger che sara sara said...

behind every sucessful man there is a women...i would say it this way...behind me and my sucess...there is one man...that is my "DAD" i love him

 
At 1:45 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

Im sure ur dad is a great soul. Cos I can see him thru ur writings.

Happy Fathers' Day to ur dad!

Keshi.

 
At 3:55 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:57 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

Wow Madhu, thats such a sweet way of appreciating & remembering u dad. Good one.
Thanks for visiting my blog & keep frequenting. :)

 
At 4:17 pm , Blogger Ekta said...

:-)
Dads' are often the father figure when we'r growing up!
Am sure ur dad would have been proud of u if he wld have read this post!

 
At 4:19 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

Starry, true this is straight from my heart. Though he is special to me, I cant express what i have written vocally to him, that's why I chose to reveal it this way.

 
At 4:20 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

sophie - so true.

 
At 4:21 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

Keshi, thanks. Its an honor to my dad and me. I really hopes he reads the comments too :)

 
At 4:22 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

Has to be me - thanks.

Ekta - I know for sure he read it....as for his reaction, i dont know. Need to call up and talk sometime soon :) Sometimes distance also sparks the emotion !

 
At 8:50 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Madhu,
That's a very well written one. Juz visited your blog today, hmmmm quite nice!!!

Akila

 
At 4:13 am , Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

YOu have had nce times...Our parents, Dads n Moms shape so much of what we are if we just let ourselves take in the best interests they have for us. Your dad sure has taught you so many valuable habits!! Very nice post..Am late on this but weeekends I generally am not comp savy! :)

 
At 9:09 am , Blogger Madhu said...

Akila,
Thank u. U better keep coming....:)


Scribblez - Yeah did have a lot of happy times and lot of fun too.

Hmmm its good to unwind over the weekend....so enjoy urself.

 
At 1:02 pm , Blogger Dawn said...

I think you did a good job :D>..its very often we take things for granted...and I think at least one day we should express for what we truly feel for them :)
Am so proud of you
Cheers

 
At 1:50 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

dawn - thank you so much. yes i did take him for granted,...but now feeling better having expressed my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home