Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Good Days and Bad Days and then there are Disasters!!

Yesterday was a disaster!! One thing after another bombed, cant believe how one could have so much bad luck in a day, rather in one evening!?!?!?

Well, the day went of quiet as usual in solitude. I had this urge to try glass painting ever since I had seen my SIL's framed paintings. So here I was equipped with the right accessories ready to prove that I could do it too. After an hour and a half, I finally managed to finish a detailed piece on a trial transperancy sheet and was telling myself, "Not bad not bad at all." Just as I was taking it (very carefully ) to let it dry, a sudden gush of wind sent it flying out of my hand. And plop, the sheet lay upside down with the wet paint sticking to the ground. Cursing my luck I picked it up and tried to salvage what was left, and thankfully was able to get i back to a decent shape. Cleaned up the mess and I decided to myself, next time on, I will remember to close all windows and doors!

A little while later, it was time to cook and I was browsing the net to find some interesting dishes and found a Kerela avial dish. Luckily (what a pun!) I had all the necessary stuff at home so I happily started making the avial. By the time it was finishing I was sure something was wrong, either too much water or i had missed something. So I decided to pep it up a bit by adding tamarind, and that was it, my biggest mistake! In the end the dish tasted like a boiled veggie soup.

In the meanwhile, my husband had returned from office and both of us were in a really "out of the mind" state, he from his office affairs and me from all the bad luck! What started as a little chasing around game between us, ended up with me breaking something he is really attached to. And he isnt attached to a lot of things I should say. This left me in tears feeling really bad about the whole day.

I wonder how sometimes we have all the bad luck in a very short period of time. Once one thing goes wrong, so many other things follow. Its so irritating and frustrating when this happens. I am just hoping this doesnt continue, for it does am sure to go crazy.

5 Comments:

At 4:41 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

hey iyerji, i followed the recipe......what did i do wrong??? and btw what i broke was not my husband's head definitely a thing that can be mended so saved on that one.
yup trying to cheer up *wink*

 
At 9:04 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

LOL @ adding tamarind to aviyal! Hmm u r surely being v,innovative! ;) Regd ur glass painting....a similar one had happened to me...I just finished the painting on glass & it came out damn well...I lifted the painting fr framing & c...r...a...c...k broke the glass! My heart nearly broke...but thankfully it was inthe corner & I still managed to get it framed & the crack wasnt prominent.

Poor hubby as he had to bear the brunt!

Anycase these sorta days r just like passing clouds & I m sure it wld all be much better.

 
At 2:56 am , Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Woooo...U managed to do tht to Avial..Well I have never made Avial so I dont know if tamrind is an ingredient but I think its not wht we use to make avial..

So sorry about your painting dear...I would have cursed like no ones business if I were u

Last straw was so sad too..Seriously the luck pot went for a swim I guess..It will be back soon!

 
At 7:37 pm , Blogger DreamClicks said...

About the painting, be glad Madhu! There are worse cases. Imagine the glass breaking into pieces after the painting is completely done and ready for framing.... how does it feel? That too a very intricate one. So just be glad and dun call it bad luck :)

 
At 8:39 am , Blogger Madhu said...

hey DV that happened to u!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!! ur heart must have broken!! i would have gone crazy. hope that never happens....i have seen ur art, its real good so dont ever want it to happen to u!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home