Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Do u want to help Anna?

"helpanna.com is the new campaign by the Singapore National Committee for the United Nations Development Fund for Women, to create awareness about violence against females. Visit the site to improve the condition of the person suffering."

I read about this site in the morning newspaper and was very curious to know what it was. The site has some fictional character depicting some very real-life situations and the site provides a glimpse into the various absuses and pains these characters undergo everyday. And every visit is supposed to improve the condition of the character.

I found this to be an innovative way to make a positive difference. Though the pictures are bit graphic I think it will only help to make an impact on those visiting. Its a good thing such campaigns are being brought out and I hope such initiatives are taken in India and other countries also. I wish such campaigns would also extend to anybody who is vicitmized not just women. But anyway each of us can make a difference, by just being nice to ppl who are working for us be it the maid, or the watchman.

5 Comments:

At 5:52 am , Blogger starry said...

That was really sad. how can one human being treat another this way. I wish the violence will stop, it has to.

 
At 10:00 am , Blogger SamY said...

out of words :(

 
At 2:55 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

sad :(

 
At 4:31 pm , Blogger Enchanted Mind said...

Might sound stupid, for a moment I thought you actually wrote a post for "Help Anna" ;-) Did u get the drift?

Jokes apart, its very innovative.

 
At 2:05 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

Interesting. I'll read more soon. tnxxxx!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home