Sign up for Earth Hour! - I VOTE EARTH: Madhu Jacob

   Earth Hour 2009 by WWF - Sign up for Earth Hour!

Friday, October 06, 2006

For the first time...


Am back after a little bit of silence. Was busy doing nothing! :)

Last weekend I went for my first Cable Car ride and boy! it was a bit scary for me. I hate heights and water too. And the cable car connecting Sentosa island to mainland Singapore is a combo of both these fears.....the cable car goes rite across the sea. Its a short ride but for me it was quite unnerving.















I was so scared that I didnt want anybody moving around and whenever the cable car shook, I literally was imagining falling into the water. Not knowing how to swim was another reason my fear so was strong. Anyways I somehow survived the ride.

There happened to be a Star Cruise ship "Gemini" docked and the cable car went rite above the ship, so got a close up look into the luxury cruise.

In all had fun and hopefully i get to do something new next weekend too. Like the Emirates ad "When was the last time u did something for the first time?" How about u?

8 Comments:

At 8:09 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Madhu..

I have heard about Sentosa Island near Singapore and have read about the Cable car ride too.. Hope you hada fun time..
Beautiful pics.. thanks for sharing them..

With Best Regards,
Srijith Unni.

 
At 8:17 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

Thats nice...I love cable-car rides. Great pics Madhu!

**Like the Emirates ad "When was the last time u did something for the first time?" How about u?

Very interesting Qn. Well when I was in Canberra last weekend I had 3 cocktails in one go for the first time :):)


Keshi.

 
At 11:48 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

hey srijith,thanks and sure i did have a lot of fun. BTW why dont u plan a trip here and see Sentosa? I think u will enjoy it.

 
At 11:56 pm , Blogger Madhu said...

thanks keshi. Since u like cable cars i assume u dont have the fear of heights...lucky u!

So u have been partying Keshi-style!!! Wow! 3 cocktails...u have quiet a capacity girl!!

 
At 11:44 pm , Blogger Kaps said...

A news report which I read earlier said that the only untoward incident happened way back in the 80s. These guys do a good job of overhauling it from time to time. Apart from the personal fear factor, there is very little risk in taking the cable car.

 
At 2:40 pm , Blogger Keshi said...

na Im afraid of heights...but cable-cars dun scare me...only extreme heights like when bungee-jumping scare the hell outta me!

Keshi.

 
At 5:47 am , Blogger starry said...

I love cable car rides and have been on few.nice pics.thanks for sharing.

 
At 9:51 pm , Blogger Has to be me said...

Hey thanx fr reviving my trip 2 Sentosa island & the cable car experience! :)
Regd ur ?, theres a 1st time for everything!
And happy diwali!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home